Thursday, September 22, 2011

Meet The Characters

Well, In my life there is always supporting characters that play a huge part in this crazy facebook photo reel we all call life, I just want to introduce you to a few of mine, and I will be adding more and more as I continue to post, so keep following....

The first and probably most important figure in my life is...

Pop - a.k.a Big Lou
Pop - Celebrating his 76th Birthday!

 He has been passing down family recipes to me since, well since I can remember, Always has the best advice and always is making you laugh. Hes my inspiration for everything I do and my hero... I will be tagging him in dishes and giving you his insight as this develops.

 Pops loves cooking and he knows what hes doing, there and nothing like shooting the s**t with pop over a beer.. here are my top 5 favorite dishes he makes:



5. Italian Meatloaf
4. Stuffed Shells
3. Meat & Sweet Sauce (Gravy)
2. Fettucine with Homemade Red Clam Sauce
1. Lasagna

Don't worry I'll be posting all of these as soon as I start to get cooking...

And, secondly is Krista a.k.a My Beautiful Girl

We pretty much spend every second we can together and between us throwing something together after work, or playing our version of the T.V. show "Chopped" (which I am currently undefeated at) we always are throwing our little twists on my Pop's classics.
Here is Krista is cutting up some Basil for my Sweet Sauce.

Krista & I have been together for almost 2 years now and she has defiantly influenced me and helped me expand my taste and love for food. From making me try Sushi to making for me try fondue for the first time, shes always encouraging me and challenging me to do better and that includes our food that we make! 

Last for now but certainly not least, Is my Ma, She  has always been there for me and supported me no matter what I ever encountered. She is a free spirited women. I draw many of my inspiration from her.

We joke every year when its her birthday that shes turning 18 again...and again...and again...haha but no doubt if there is one thing I can count on it is that my Ma will be my number one fan and number one taste tester...haha

One of the things I can always re-call is my Ma's breakfast from the fluffiest scrambled eggs and the best french toast that I HAVE TIL THIS DAY TASTED, my Ma defiantly taught me how to be my own person and cook an amazing eggs Benedict (also coming soon)...

There is Ma in the middle with the rest of Mi Famiglia


Keep following and I will be sure to make something special for all of you. Including step by step recipes, pictures, information, tips and best of all great tasting five star Italian meals, for five bucks or less...

Talk to you all soon...

-freddy g

No comments:

Post a Comment