Friday, October 21, 2011

Pop's Pasta & Seafood

This is one of my favorite and most delicious dishes that my Pop has taught me to make. Real simple to make and can be made in less than 30 minutes or less! If you have a Seafood lover or someone who likes Crab or any Seafood this is the dish for them!!! Remember to use  fresh ingredients and SUO TUTTO MANGIARE!!!

Pop's Pasta & Seafood

This was my Grandma's recipe that she taught my Pop, he said she would mix in anything she could find for flavor, scallops, fish, shrimp or any other seafood that she could get from the local market. So my Pop and I do the same thing. It can be made either White (Butter and E.V.O base) or Red (Tomato base sauce). I enjoy either one and it is nice to change up the flavors too. Both are delicious and easy to make. I will be giving you both recipes and remember if there is something that you like to add its all to eat!!!

Recipe Ingredients:

If making the White:

- 1 lb. of linguine pasta
- 1/2 stick of butter or margerine
- 1/2 cup of E.V.O
- 1 12oz can of Italian style clam-sauce
- Shrimp, Scallops, Crab meat, fish, clams etc.
- 1 whole Onion Chopped
- 4 Large Cloves of Garlic
- Fresh Basil Chopped
- Salt & Pep

If making the Red:

- 1 lb. of linguine pasta
- 2 cans of 8oz tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of E.V.O
- 1 12oz can of Italian style clam-sauce
- 1 whole Onion Chopped
- 4 Large Cloves of Garlic
- Fresh Basil Chopped
- 1/4 Cup of Sugar
- Salt & Pep to taste
- Shrimp, Scallops, Crab meat, fish, clams etc.

Pasta

For Pop's Seafood & Pasta, I was always use a thicker pasta, fettuccine or linguine. I have also made the White over angel hair pasta and it came out very good, make it your own! For this recipe I used linguine and I found that this is the best to hold the flavor of the dish. Remember with pasta to always add Salt to the boiling water and I like to make my pasta Al dente and finish cooking the pasta in the sauce to infuse both pasta and sauce together for great flavor!

Pop's Seafood Sauce

When making both of these sauces it is best to use a deeper dish saute pan, this allows you to make the sauce and add the pasta afterwords. Also, make sure to start out with your fresh ingredients prepped & cooked for whatever you want to add and make sure they are cooked and ready to go into the sauce, before assembling the sauce. For this sauce we used Crab-meat & Clams to add. Once again make sure you cook all ingredients before adding to sauce.

White: For the base of the White sauce start out with a 1/2 stick of butter and 1/2 cup of E.V.O over medium heat. Once the butter has melted you can add in your Whole Onion, 4 cloves of Garlic & your fresh chopped Basil. Then you can add your can of 12oz Italian Style Clam-sauce. Mix together. Then you can start adding your Crab-meat, I like my Crab-meat to be finer so I chopped it and added it a little at a time all while mixing. Add now your fresh clams or other ingredients, cooked shrimp, fish, scallops or anything else you want. Once you have everything together that you want, you can Salt & Pep to taste. Leave over Medium heat for 10 minutes and then bring down to a simmer for 5-10 minutes.

Red: For the base of the Red sauce start out with some E.V.O and 2 cans of Tomato paste over a medium flame. Then add in your whole chopped Onion, 4 cloves of Garlic, a 1/4 cup of sugar & freshly chopped Basil. Add in your 12oz can of Italian Style Clam-sauce. Mix. Then add in your Ingredients, if they are not cooked make sure you cook them. Once you have everything together than add your Salt & Pep to taste. Leave over Medium heat for 10 minutes and then bring down to a simmer for 5-10 minutes.

Now once your pasta has cooked Al dente, then drain and add to sauce, mix together. Let the pasta finish cooking for 5 minutes in the sauce. Then get ready for a delicious Seafood Dinner! Suo Tutto Mangiare!!!

THE FINISHED PRODUCT:

BELLA!!!


This dish came out perfectly and I am so glad that my Pop taught me how to make this wonderful dish!!! I hope you all enjoy as much as I did! Let me know what you have added! Hope all is well and remember Suo Tutto Mangiare!!!

ITS ALL TO EAT!

-freddy g

No comments:

Post a Comment